Are you under pressure to remain B-BBEE compliant under the Amended Codes of Good Practice? Are you at risk of being discounted under the Skills Development element? Are you getting the MAXIMUM points for the most cost-effective investment in Training, Learning and Development?
Many organisations struggle with the complexities of managing disabilities in the workplace.
From recruiting the right talent, to ensuring the environment is supportive, to retaining skilled staff with disabilities… let TLO guide you to doing it
- Are you and your organisation under pressure to remain B-BBEE compliant under the Amended Codes of Good Practice?
- Are you at risk of being discounted under the Skills Development element?
- Are you getting the MAXIMUM points for the most cost-effective investment in Training, Learning and Development?
How are you managing the complexities around Disabilities? In the South African context, both the Employment Equity Act and the B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice have targets around providing opportunities to Persons with Disabilities.
Some organisations embrace this challenge and the value it can add; others look at the challenges: health and safety, accessibility, reasonable accommodation, culture fit with the team and the organisation – the obstacles look endless. The Learning Organisation can assist with a full, turn-key Disability solution, from recruitment and selection to training and Learnerships, all the way to workplace readiness programmes. Partner with us to turn your Disability concerns into a strategic, competitive advantage.
Our Disability value offerings include:
- Assessing what degree of disability would fit the organisation
- Recruitment of talent with disabilities
- Assessment of talent with disabilities
- Learnerships for talent with disabilities to maximise the opportunities under the B-BBEE scorecard
- Workplace and team sensitization training
- Disability Awareness days and encouraging disclosure through the form EEA1
- Workplace readiness programmes and assisting with the placement of disability talent.
Skills Development Element
The Skills Development element of the Amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice has opportunities for organisations of all sizes and in all sectors. To capitalize on these opportunities, we need the RIGHT learnerships and skills programmes in the RIGHT place in the organisation. The Learning Organisation is the RIGHT partner to get it RIGHT!
Skills Development Initiatives
Our services include Skills Development initiatives in line with the overall organisational strategy, the B-BBEE strategy and the sector-specific requirements. This includes training aligned with the Workplace Skills Plans or even Enterprise & Supplier Development plans.
Managing training (Outsourced training & SDF Skills Development Facilitator function)
For many medium-sized businesses, the size and complexity of the organisation does not warrant a full-time person looking after the training needs of management and staff. Too often, managing the training function is not a priority for overworked and stressed-out Human Resource practitioners.
The risks of getting this wrong are huge: from Workplace Skills Plans not being submitted to the SETA and the business scoring zero for Skills Development under B-BBEE, to good talent leaving the organisation because their developmental needs are not being met.
As specialists in the field of Talent Development, The Learning Organisation can assist by managing the training and Skills Development Facilitator function on a small monthly retainer basis, and assisting with any or all of the following:
- Registration of the organisation with the relevant SETA
- Training Needs Analyses and Personal Development Plans
- Career pathing for key talent
- Submission of Workplace Skills Plans and Annual Training Reports
- Coaching, mentoring and Executive Development
- Matching of the right training interventions (including Learnerships) to the training needs within the organisation.
Enterprise & Supplier Development
Are you and your organisation under pressure to remain B-BBEE compliant under the Amended Codes of Good Practice? Are you at risk of being discounted under the Enterprise & Supplier Development element? TLO qualifies as an Enterprise & Supplier Development (ESD) beneficiary.
Qualification as an ESD beneficiary
The Learning Organisation itself qualifies as an Enterprise & Supplier Development beneficiary, and can thus be beneficiaries of any or all of the following:
- Grants / Donations
- Direct costs incurred (for example covering operational expenses)
- Overhead costs incurred
- Interest-free loans
- Professional services rendered at no cost
- C.O.D / Shorter payment periods
Training qualifying ESD beneficiaries
As many of TLO’s Learnerships, Skills Programmes and training courses offer content that emerging, small and medium-sized businesses would benefit from, another ESD option is to sponsor the training for the beneficiary organisation (i.e. the qualifying ESD beneficiary).
Documentation for B-BBEE Verification
TLO will ensure that all documentation is available to the nominated Verification Agency, including the following:
- Proof that the beneficiary qualifies as an ESD beneficiary, including B-BBEE certificate or Affidavit
- ESD Needs Analysis
- Enterprise and Supplier Development Plan
- Proof of the training including feedback of its impact